Start Using TutorBox
Hire one of our high quality, individually screened childcare and education specialists.
- Remedial Teachers
- Readers & Scribes
- Au Pairs
- Baby Sitters
- House & Pet Sitters
- Domestic Helpers
Why Choose TutorBox?
Homework Help and Test Prep
Are you tired of fighting with your children to get their work done? Don’t worry we hear this almost every day – You are not alone and this is certainly something we can assist with. Our tutors will ensure that your time together now will be less stressful and more relaxed.
Top Results = Best Advantage
Do you want your child to get into their chosen career or the best results to ensure no doors are closed for them? Our tutors are equipped to help your children achieve the best results possible.
Awesome Au Pairs
Finding it stressful to balance your family and your career? Our au pairs ease this stress completely. By knowing your children are in safe and reliable hands, you can concentrate on your career, thus allowing you to find the time in your day to get it all done.
Extra Pair of Hands at Home
Do you need extra assistance in your home? Our nannies, domestic workers, baby-sitters, house-sitters and pet-sitters are here to make your life easier and stress-free.
Complete a candidate request form.
TutorBox will send you the CVs of possible candidates.
You choose your preferred candidate.
Your tuition, facilitation, childcare and/or homecare can commence
What Our Clients Say
In our experience with TutorBox over the past few years, we have found Annemarie and Michelle to be very professional in all our dealings, since 2012. We have made use of their services in a business capacity as well as for our family’s personal requirements. They have always produced high quality candidates, which speaks to their standards and the level of understanding that they have for the needs of their clients. It is clear that a vigorous screening of the candidates is done in order to provide clients with the best options for the position. They also provide clients with a number of CVs and options to consider that they may make the best decisions for their business.
In our personal capacity, my husband and I have made use of their Au pair services. In general, we have been satisfied with the caliber of the individuals referred to us. We have found that both TutorBox and their candidates to be very caring, trustworthy and dedicated, and there is a willingness to go above and beyond the extra mile, for our son who is a special-needs child.
In cases of challenges, under the leadership of Annemarie and Michelle, the TutorBox team have shown they can deal with potential difficulties in a constructive and efficient manner; with fairness for the needs of both their clients and the candidates, and they always strived to do what is best for all parties concerned.
We would certainly recommend TutorBox for all the services offerings they have available and we wish them many years of success for the future.
Narropi SewpershadServices Provided:
Au Pairs, Tutors, Professional Specialist Recruitment
I have been using TutorBox's services for 11 years. They have assisted with two children. One has completed matric and one who is still in school. During this time,I have received exemplary service. I have always been treated with respect and understanding from my meeting with Michelle all those years to ongoing interactions with Anne and other staff over these many years. They have provided transport services and found tutors for me when necessary. Our current au pair, Edie, has been with us for over 10 years. She is always on time, very reliable and is now part of the family. We have resolved any issues we might have had in an amicable and very professional way. I would highly recommend TutorBox’s services. They are more than service providers, they are friends.
Kubi RamaServices Provided:
Tutors, Teachers, Au Pair
TutorBox has played a vital role in mine and my children’s lives over the years. They have always delivered top quality tutors and au pairs for my kids, putting my mind at ease, ensuring that my children are in good hands and receiving the help that they need. I work full time, have a busy schedule and so TutorBox has been a strong support system for me.
Simon PhageServices Provided:
The ‘Tutorbox experience’ has been unrivalled from beginning to end. The first contact was made promptly and efficiently. Time was taken to understand our specific needs with a genuine interest and concern shown. Only appropriate candidates were recommended, avoiding the disheartening sifting through of CVs. The professional yet personal touch was the breath of fresh air required to find our au pair match.
Irene NicholaServices Provided:
We started with TutorBox in 2009, when my son was in Grade 2. My son is now in Gr 11 and still receives incredible support and has gone from strength to strength. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending TutorBox. Throughout our association I have always experienced total support, have received excellent tutoring, outstanding commitment and a thorough understanding of what my son's needs are.
Michelle WarrenerServices Provided:
Tutors, Graduates, Remedial Teacher
Frequently Asked Questions
- An effective au pair candidate must be at least 18 years of age, must have completed high school or the equivalent and be in good mental and physical health. TutorBox respects that training and experience varies widely among au pairs but a genuine respect for, ability with and devotion to children is considered essential by TutorBox.
- Our au pairs must have a Matric (or an equivalent certification).
- They must have a driver's licence and own a reliable roadworthy car.
- Many have or are working towards tertiary education qualifications.
- The au pair’s duties and times can be tailored to your specific needs, i.e. either live-in with the family, or live-out, work a full day or maybe mornings / afternoons only.
- The au pair can also stay at your house (day and night), looking after your children while you are away.
- Fetching the children from school
- Supervising homework
- Taking children to extra-murals
- Preparing the children’s meals
- Household errands such as shopping etc.
- Take sole charge of the children when on duty
- Does not do housework unless it is completely related to the children
- May live in or live out
- Organises and carries out the children's daily routine
- Oversees homework and checks that it is completed – this is not actual tutoring
- Provides age appropriate stimulation for the children in his/her care
- May carry out household management tasks e.g. grocery shopping, paying bills, menu planning etc.
- Is trained and/or has experience in caring for children
- Should not be seen as a mother substitute but rather an extra pair of helping hands
- These duties can be tailor-made to suit your exact requirements
- Our tutors must have a Matric (or an equivalent certification).
- Our tutors must have received a distinction or a minimum mark of at least 75% in the subjects they wish to tutor or they need to be studying or have studied an Educational Degree or Diploma.
- They have a driver’s licence and car or have reliable transport to get to lessons.
- Lessons are one hour in duration, however the tutor's duties and times can be tailored to your specific needs.
- TutorBox has seen wonderful progress and scholastic improvement should all parties be full committed and substantial time be given.
Our tutors fall into the following categories:
University Student Tutors
Have received a distinction or a minimum mark of at least 75% in the subjects they want to tutor or are studying in the field they wish to tutor. They may also be completing their degree in Education.
Have a degree and are often studying towards their Honours, Masters or a further degree. They too have received a distinction or a minimum mark of at least 75% in the subjects they want to tutor or have studied in the field they wish to tutor.
Have received a teaching degree, diploma or have completed a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education). Generally, our teachers are subject specific except in Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase where they can assist across the board in all subjects.
Are qualified teachers who have gone on to further their studies in remediation, special or inclusive education (specialists in academic support).
Facilitators, Readers and Scribes
These candidates can be university students, graduates, teachers or remedial teachers depending on the client’s requirements
Readers and Scribes are prepared and au fait with the manner in which they need to conduct themselves and their duties.
- Tutors assist with one-on-one lessons.
- They can make an impact quickly but they are not a quick fix.
- Lessons can be increased as and when needed (i.e. during exams etc.)
- They are not miracle workers – this process needs commitment from all parties and is not the sole responsibility of the tutor.
- They can often assist the learner by providing motivation and inspiration.
- They are prepared and can bring in extra resources if needed. TutorBox has a resource library available to all tutors.
- They help the learner focus on what is important and what the learner needs to know.
- They assist with homework and recap on school work.
- They can assist with test and exam preparation and study skills.
- They can help with speeches and prepared reading as well as provide project assistance.
- They can help with under achievement in general or in specific subject areas – we cater to all subject areas and all ages.
- Our tutors are able to give the extra boost to assist learners in achieving a higher grade.
- They can provide assistance with low self-esteem or lack of confidence.
- Remedial Teachers can provide special educational support to learners requiring additional learning assistance or remediation.
- We can also provide facilitation, invigilation and amanuensis (concession assistance).
- They provide assistance to support learners in private homes, schools and/or home schools.
TutorBox endeavours to place only the very best au pairs and tutors. All our candidates go through an intense interview process, which includes a pre-screening procedure, a face-to-face interview, our personality assessment as well as external reference checks to ensure their suitability for au pairing and tutoring work.
We assess each candidate’s ability to nurture, their maturity, their reliability, their competency and responsibility. Police clearances and ITC checks can also be done.
Follow our easy 5 step process online and you will have a solution in no time.
Step 1 – Register and create a profile for yourself. There is no cost to do this. At this point, TutorBox will receive your contact information and details of the service recipient/s.
Step 2 – Complete a candidate request form. This form will give TutorBox the information we require to find the best solution for you.
Step 3 – TutorBox will send you the CVs of possible candidates.
Step 4 – You choose your preferred candidate. You can interview any number of candidates or go on TutorBox’s recommendation.
Step 5 – Your tuition, childcare and/or homecare can commence.
It will cost you nothing to register online with TutorBox. Our clients pay a once-off initiation fee of R474.40 incl VAT, only once we are certain that we are able to fulfil your requirements and have sent you a minimum of one CV. Once you have completed your client profile you will be able to access a pricing structure for your exact requirements. Alternatively, please feel free to contact TutorBox on 0114504528.
- Our offices are based in Bedfordview, Gauteng. However, we successfully place candidates with clients across Gauteng, in Cape Town and in Kwa-Zulu Natal North Coast.
- With TutorBox Live you will be able to have access to our vast database of tutors, anytime, anywhere, provided you have an internet connection. Watch this space for more information.
1 The first option is semi-permanent contract (monthly invoicing system) which has no placement fee but a R201.25 (inclusive of VAT) admin fee per month. The specific rates per hour can be assessed once you have registered.
2 The second placement option is an annual renewable contract with the candidate. Here the client pays the candidate a set monthly salary (obviously mutually agreed upon by all parties) and TutorBox takes a placement fee of 10% of the candidate’s annual remuneration package.
3 The third option is a once-off placement fee equal to 15% of the candidate’s annual remuneration package.
4 The fourth option is a fixed term period contract (more than 3 and less than 12 months), where the client pays the candidate a set monthly salary and TutorBox takes a placement fee equal to 12% of the candidate’s remuneration package for that fixed term period.
5 The fifth option is a temporary contract (three months or less), where the client pays the candidate an amount for the temporary period and TutorBox takes a placement fee equal to 30% of the candidate’s remuneration package for the temporary period.
With permanent contracts (as detailed in previous FAQ), you will pay the candidate directly on mutually agreeable date (normally between the 25th and the last day of the month).
In terms of terminating the services completely, payment in lieu of notice will be accepted should you not wish the candidate to continue working for the 30 days.
- If you are working on our semi-permanent (monthly invoicing system) contract, the au pair/tutor will keep a record the hours he/she works with your family, from the 16th of one month to the 15th of the next. We will invoice you for these hours, you will pay us and we will pay the tutor.
- On permanent contracts, you will pay the candidate directly on mutually agreeable date (normally between the 25th and the last day of the month).
24 hours’ notice must be given to the candidate with whom you have booked a lesson or childcare session. 30 days’ notice must be given if you are wishing to terminate completely.
- No, not unless 24 hours’ notice is not given. Should notice not be given, then the candidates times will be charged for.
- With regard to giving termination notice, payment in lieu of notice will be accepted should you not wish the candidate to continue for the 30 days.